- Little Music Makers (3-8 YO)
- Training Chorus (8-12 YO)
- Concert Chorus (10-14 YO)
- Chamber Singers (14-18 YO)
Wrens (Preschool ages 3-5):
~Children are encouraged to sing and dance with us! We sing age appropriate folk songs, explore new languages, dance, and learn rhythm patterns.
Fall enrollment link will be live in July. Visit our Summer Camp page if your little one is a rising K-3rd grader this year!
~Mockingbirds sing and dance, learn songs and beginning harmony. This is the first performance level ensemble. A small concert for parents and friends is presented once per semester. Spring semester participants are invited to sing in the larger concert with the upper level choruses in May.
LMM Satellite Locations:
- Downtown Frederick
- New Market
Fall enrollment link will be live in July. Visit our Summer Camp page if your little one is a rising K-3rd grader this year.
We also have Summer Camps for ages 8-12! Visit our Summer Camp page for more information!
Little Music Makers is the best place for your budding musician!
Classes are split into two sections by age. Our wrens program is for preschools children ages 3-5 years old. Our Mockingbirds program is for school-aged children 5-8 years old. Typically these are children in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade. Your child will learn to work together to make a joyful noise! In class we play instruments, dance, learn rhythm patterns, copy notes and songs we hear, and work together. This is an immersion program designed to naturally refine your child’s innate musical abilities so your child never realizes he/she ever learned how to breathe properly, produce a healthy sound, or pat the steady beat. Children graduate from the top tier of Little Music Makers into the next level, Training Chorus.
The upper level of Little Music Makers, the Mockingbirds, perform a concert at the end of each semester.
- Wrens must be 3 years old before the first class. Enrollment turns over every month, so as soon as your child turns three, he/she is eligible to join us. Younger siblings are welcome to attend and encouraged to participate in this class, but there is no charge for their participation. We want their introduction to music class to be a positive one. Sitting still is for the sloths! We’d rather the children danced, played, patted the beat, and participated as much as they want to!
- Wrens classes run continuously and anyone is welcome to join at any time.
- Wrens classes are 30 minutes long.
- Mockingbirds must be enrolled in Kindergarten to be eligible, and they typically graduate to Training Chorus when they move up tp 3rd grade or 4th grade.
- Mockingbirds sessions run 12-13 weeks (Fall semester beginning in September and Spring semester beginning in January), and singers perform for parents and friends at the end of each semester. Spring semester participants are invited to sing in the big concert with the upper chorus levels in May.
- Mockingbirds classes are 60 minutes long.
- Wrens are a monthly fee of just $48/month.
- Mockingbirds semester tuition is 3 equal payments of just $70.
- There is no registration fee for either of these programs.
- No tuition refunds. No exceptions. Class credit only.
Open to children in 3rd through 6th grades, this is the first preparatory level of The Frederick Children’s Chorus to incorporate a musicianship class as part of membership. Children in this tier are learning beginning rhythm and note patterns and what they look like on paper, how to read them and how to write them. We practice a variety of music in many languages, with many texts, from many cultures and many periods in history. We discuss the significance of certain pieces, why a composer used a specific text or why a piece was written to help influence a movement at the time. We also talk about performance etiquette, responsibility, home practice, time management, and commitment.
- Training Chorus is a full-year program, beginning in late August and ending in late May. Tuition is just $62/month after a $150 registration fee, or enrollment in summer camp the summer PRIOR to that enrollment. For instance, if you sign up for 2019-2020 chorus, your 2019 summer camp is included. Scholarship or financial assistance is available.
- Training Chorus members must be in at least 3rd grade, and can be as old as 8th grade.
- Children graduate from Training Chorus to Concert Chorus when the staff is confident that the child is ready. This means that a child’s membership in Training Chorus lasts anywhere from 1-4 years. We are committed to setting our singers up for success. If your singer isn’t ready for the rigor or difficulty of Concert Chorus, we will advise that they continue their membership in Training Chorus until they are ready to move up.
- Portions of Training Chorus wardrobe is included in your tuition. Some will have to be purchased by you (i.e. pants and shirt for boys, tights for girls). Scholarship or financial assistance is available.
Open to Children who have graduated from Training Chorus, or in rare cases, to older children who come to us already having experience with an instrument or vocal ensemble, Concert Chorus is our highest treble tier, and performs the most difficult treble music of any of the chorus groups. Concert Chorus members are often invited to perform at special concerts and events, and serve as ambassadors to the community, renowned for their expertise in musicality and artistry, as well as commitment to discipline and professionalism. Children in this group range in age from grades 4 through 9.
- Concert Chorus is a full-year program, beginning in late August and ending in late May. Tuition is just $62/month after a $150 registration fee, or enrollment in summer camp the summer PRIOR to that enrollment. For instance, if you sign up for 2019-2020 chorus, your 2019 summer camp is included. Scholarship or financial assistance is available.
- Concert Chorus members must be in at least 4rd grade, and can be as old as 9th grade.
- Children are eligible to graduate from Concert Chorus to Chamber Singers when they enter 9th grade, or when a boy’s voice is in transition, and when the staff is confident that the child is ready. We are committed to setting our singers up for success. If your singer isn’t ready for the rigor or difficulty of Chamber Singers, we will advise that they continue their membership in Concert Chorus until they are ready to move up.
- Concert Chorus wardrobe is an additional cost to the participant. Scholarship or financial assistance is available.
The Frederick Chamber Singers is the highest and most advanced tier in The Frederick Children’s Chorus. Children in this group have demonstrated mastery of advanced musicianship and vocal skills, can practice without assistance, learn complex and advanced music, perform at run-out concerts with minimal prep time, and represent our most mature students. Singers in Chamber Singers are often invited to sing at high visibility locations and perform highly difficult music.
- Chamber Singers is a full-year program, beginning in late August and ending in late May. Tuition is just $50/month after a $150 registration fee. Scholarship or financial assistance is available.
- Chamber Singers members must be in at least 9rd grade (with the exception of boys whose voices have begun to change), and can be as old as 12th grade.
- Chamber Singers are eligible to be summer camp counselors and earn service learning hours for school and other membership organizations such as National Honors Society and Scouts.
- Chamber Singers wardrobe is an additional cost to the participant. Scholarship or financial assistance is available.